What is the Quickest Way to Sell Your House?
It’s likely if you have been searching on Google recently for “I need to sell my home fast” or “the best way to sell my house fast” that you have found that there are several different ways to sell your home. Perhaps there are some you never knew existed. Although the time it takes to make a sale can vary with most of these methods between 3 and 12 months, there is one method that could mean you have the money in your account and the sale completed within just a week.
Undeniably, whether you opt for the traditional offline estate agent or the modern counterpart who operates online, this is the most popular option. You may wonder why anyone would look beyond the supposed experts who know the housing market inside and out.
One of the biggest problems with estate agents, however, is the fact that there is no standard method they all use when selling homes. When working with an estate agent, the amount of time it takes to sell it and the amount of money you can get for it may come down to just how motivated the estate agent is towards selling it.
Although you can refer to reviews and testimonials from anyone who has worked with them in the past, you are not really going to know whether they are a good match for you and your home until they actually sell your property (or not). That last point is very important as there was a report conducted into Purplebricks, the online agency, that claimed they only sold about half their properties in less than 10 months.
This is one option you’ve probably heard of but are not as familiar with. The biggest advantage of this method of selling your property is that when your home actually sells and the hammer has fallen, everything is guaranteed once a specific period has passed. Normally you will need to wait around 28 days.
As no method is completely fooling proof, there are some disadvantages of selling your property at auction. For one thing, you are taking a risk with the price, because you can never really tell with any certainty how much bidders are going to be willing to pay if anything at all. You also have to factor in the fees for the auctioneer’s services as this is deducted from the winning price.
Cash House Buying Companies – The Fastest Way to Sell Your House?
Compared to the other options we have discussed in the post up until now, cash house buying companies are relatively new entities in the sector. The concept behind how they operate is relatively simple:
- You contact them
- They provide a valuation for your home
- If you agree with this, they will offer you a timescale within which they can complete the sale of your home.
- Once you accept the offer, you will receive the money and the sale will be complete, all within that time. No quibbles, no issues. Often an hour can be made within just 24 hours, which already makes it faster moving than some of the alternatives we have discussed.
Other reasons why the best company to sell your house may be a cash property buying company are:
- You don’t need to invest time, money, or effort into preparing your home and getting it “viewing and sale ready”. The majority, like Cash Home, isn’t even really bothered if it needs to be redecorated or repaired in any way shape or form.
- You don’t need to deal with viewings and the interested ones who fail to show up for their appointment.
- There is no marketing involved. It is a completely confidential arrangement, no one will know you are selling until you leave.
- Many of the best cash house buying companies do not even expect you to pay for any of the admin or legal fees involved in the transaction. They will take care of everything.
The downside is that you may not get the market value. However, when you consider that it can take months to sell through an estate agent and that you could lose money through choosing to go to auction, the fastest way to sell your house, while also securing a reasonable sale price is undoubtedly through a cash home buyer company.