Should I Sell My Property to a Cash House Buyer?
One of the most stressful events you can experience in life is moving to a new house. If you ask anyone who has move to a different house recently, though, you will find that most say it’s not really so much the actual moving part, but the whole uncertainty and risks that go with selling property and the chance it could fall through at any stage. Some people believe a way around that stress is to sell to property cash buyers.
Perhaps you are in the situation where you need to sell your home, maybe you need to find the best way to sell up fast. In the following post, we are going to discuss the pros and cons of selling to a cash buyer, to help you figure out whether it is right for you and your current situation or not.
What Are Cash Buyers?
Let’s clear up the basics first. Cash buyers are any individuals or organisations that can buy a house with money. To qualify as a cash buyer, they need to have the funds in place at the time of making their offer without the need for additional financial support from a mortgage or if they need to sell another property first.
Situations Where You Might Need to Sell to a Cash Buyer
Now that we’ve established what a cash buyer is, we wanted to highlight the different scenarios where you might need to sell to a cash buyer.
Selling Your Property Fast
If you have been looking on Google recently for answers to the question “what is the best way to sell my house fast?”, one of the options it’s likely you have come across is selling to property cash buyers. Going down the more traditional route, when mortgage companies are involved in the purchase of a property, they need to check two things, that the property is a good investment and the borrower is safe and likely to keep to the repayment arrangement. This is a very comprehensive process that can take a long time.
When you sell to a cash buyer, though, because they have the money already, they do not have this problem.
After Experiencing Property Sales Falling Through
Another common situation many people turn to cash buyers when selling property is if they have gone through the process of putting their property on the market only to have the deal fall through. That is not your fault, but can leave a bitter taste in your mouth and wastes money and time. Money and time that could be saved by instead selling to a cash buyer.
When the Property is not in Good Condition
The more issues there are with your property when selling it, the less chance there is that mortgage companies will offer support to buyers. With property cash buyers, however, if they are interested in buying, the condition does not always figure very highly in their decision.
Pros and Cons of Selling to Property Cash Buyers
Now that we have shown the different scenarios where selling to cash buyers may be best, to round out our post, we want to highlight the pros and cons of selling property in this way.
Pros of Selling to Cash Buyers
- Faster Process – without mortgage companies involved, the time it takes to sell property is much quicker
- No Mortgage Problems – furthermore, it is worth noting that the most common reason why house sales fall through is that the buyer can’t secure the mortgage. Cash buyers don’t need mortgages, so this is no longer an issue.
- No convoluted and Complex Property Chain – another reason why selling the traditional way is unsuccessful is the fragility of the property chain. The more people and stages involved in the sale, the more chance there is it will fall through. When you are selling to a cash buyer, it is between you and them and no one else.
Cons of Selling to a Cash Buyer
- Scams are possible – you need to be vigilant because some companies have hidden fees they add at the end or change the price they are willing to buy your property for. Choosing a company like Cash home will mean you avoid these scams.
- Cash Sales Potentially can Fall Through – A cash buyer may still pull out of buying your home.
- Cash Offers Are Lower – there is no getting around that cash buyers will offer less than the market value for your property
It may not suit everyone, but if you feel your situation warrants it and the pros outweigh the cons, get in contact with Cash Home today to sell your property.