Should I Use a Quick-Property-Sale Company to Speed Up My Move?
There are lots of situations and events in life that cause a lot of stress and anxiety, selling your home is one of them. If you need to sell your home quickly, for any reason, this can ramp up the stress and anxiety it can cause considerably.
Over the last couple of decades, though, an alternative option to traditional selling through real estate agents on the housing market has emerged and become popular with those looking to sell up quickly – property cash buyers. Are these really the right option? In the following post, we are going to address that issue, looking first at what property cash buyers are and whether it is advisable to sell to them or not.
What Are Property Cash Buyers?
Property cash buyers, as the name suggests, are companies that will buy your home from you directly, something which is hugely beneficial if you are looking to quickly sell a house. If they are legitimate, they will normally be a company that has the spending power to invest in your property and pay for it in cash that they will transfer into your account when the process is complete.
Benefits and Downsides of Selling to Quick Sale Property Buyers
There are various benefits to using a property cash buyer that is worth considering as reasons for choosing them over a real estate agent.
- No Need to Go on the Market – perhaps the single biggest benefit of choosing to work with a property cash buyer to sell your home is the fact that it means completely bypassing estate agents and the housing market.
- No Viewings – Depending on the company’s policy, the only kind of viewings you may need to deal with are valuations. Even though that may mean someone coming out to your home to assess it, it is not quite the same as watching and guiding several different individuals, couples, and families around your home, trying to figure out if they are genuinely interested or not.
- Quicker Process – when you go to a legitimate cash buyer when you are looking to sell your home quickly, it is one of the sure-fire ways the process will be completed quickly. No estate agents, no lawyers mean that the process is dramatically sped up. With the company having enough money to buy your property outright, they are not waiting on the sale of their own property or securing a mortgage. Two things that often are responsible for selling a house the traditional way taking so long.
When looking at whether it is right for you or not, you need to consider the good and the bad.
- Lower Sale Price – The biggest disadvantage of selling your home to a cash buyer is the fact that you are never going to get the full market value. Even if they could afford to, they are not allowed to promise the full market value.
- No Real Room for Negotiation – another downside is that you really don’t have any chance of negotiating on the final sale price.
Should You Sell Your Property to a Cash Buyer?
Unfortunately, while we would love to give you a direct answer, one way or the other, it is really not that simple. Generally speaking, if time is not of the essence and you want to secure the best deal for your property, it is best to stick to the most traditional method. Carefully choose the estate agent or agency you work with, but as they know the market better than anyone else, they are your best chance for securing the best sale price.
However, if you are in a rush and need to move quickly or you think there may be problems with securing a sale the traditional way, then it is definitely with considering going through a cash buyer. As we have already highlighted, they can pay directly for the property and can get the money into your account within 7 to 28 days.
All the most reputable property cash buyers, like Cash Home, are also not put off by issues like the house being close to the entrance to an abandoned mineshaft or there being a serious Japanese Knotweed problem in the garden.
So, the bottom line is, it depends on your situation.